OpenVPN comes with example-scripts to update /etc/resolv.conf using "resolvconf" or systemd-resolvconf. I don't use one of them therefore I modified the script so that it simply changes /etc/resolv.conf directly. I placed a variable "IMMUTEABLE" in this script. If IMMUTEABLE is set to 1, this script will change the fileattribute of /etc/resolv.conf to immuteable. In that way it is possible to prevent other programms like dhcp-clients to change /etc/resolv.conf while openvpn is running.
Many people are scared because Microsoft bought GitHub. I wonder why people are so shocked now. Github is just another cloud-thingy and cloud means: "it's just the computer of someone else". If "someone else" will shutdown or wipe his computer, then we better have backups. Having this in our minds I would say that it's time to make (auto)backups. I wrote this little ruby-script that clones all public repositories of a user into a directory.
Every time I replace an old hard disk by a newer or bigger one I think that I'll wipe it later. Now I have a big amount of hard disks to wipe. Since wiping takes ages, I don't want to use my personal computer for that. I would prefer a small device with low energy consumption just for wiping. That's why I am going to build a "Nukestation". Basically it's just a Raspberry Pi with nwipe on it and a udev-rule for automatically wipe attached hard disks. But some extras would be nice...
If I enable postscreen on a Debian-Host I'll get this strange message in my mail.log:
Feb 13 08:38:37 tardis postfix/postscreen: close database /var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache.db: No such file or directory (possible Berkeley DB bug)
It looks like the postscreen_cache.db-file is located in /var/lib/postfix instead of the postfix-jail /var/spool/postfix/var/lib/postfix. So we can fix it by moving the file into the jail:
dr@tardis$ psql -U postgres psql (9.4.9) Type "help" for help. postgres=# update pg_database set datallowconn = TRUE where datname = 'template0'; UPDATE 1 postgres=# \c template0 You are now connected to database "template0". template0=# update pg_database set datistemplate = FALSE where datname = 'template1'; UPDATE 1 template0=# drop database template1; DROP DATABASE template0=# create database template1 with template = template0 encoding = 'UTF8'; CREATE DATABASE template0=# update pg_database set datistemplate = TRUE where datname = 'template1'; UPDATE 1 template0=# \c
I got the following error while compiling a Latex-File:
compiling MyLatexfile.tex... tex/virtualbox.tex:1: Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8: not set up for use with LaTeX.
So I checked the encoding of the file and saw that it looked like this:
file tex/virtualbox.tex tex/virtualbox.tex: LaTeX document, UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) text, with very long lines
It seems that inputenc does not like utf-8 with Byte Order Mark. So I removed it using the following sed-command: